61001, Ukraine, Kharkiv, 60 Nauky Ave., phone/fax: +38(057)340-86-19, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sapphire Substrates for Micro- and OptoelectronicsDetails
KDP group single crystals (KDP, ADP, DKDP, KDP/ADP) are grown from saturated aqueous solutions by solvent recirculation and solution temperature reducing methods.
Apparatus for KDP and DKDP crystal growth by solvent recirculation method:
Traditional applications of nonlinear optical crystals of KDP group crystals:
• space-time modulation of the laser light based on electro-optic effect (modulators, light valve, deflectors, etc.);
• laser frequency conversion based on the nonlinear optical effect, obtaining of a strong coherent radiation in the ultraviolet region;
• doublers and triplers of the powerful laser frequency in devices for laser fusion.
Institute for Single Crystals of NAS of Ukraine has developed a technology of high-speed growth of large KDP crystals with aperture up to 500 mm by solvent recirculation method at a speed up to 10 mm/day, reducing the duration of such crystals growth from two years to six months.
• maximum size of the crystals, mm – 400x400x800;
• maximum size of the optical elements, mm – 370x370x10;
• absorption coefficient, cm-1 (λ = 10,6 m) ≤ 0,03;
• the effect of energy conversion from fundamental to second harmonic, % ≈ 20;
• bulk laser damage threshold (λ = 10,6 mm, τ = 3 ns), J/cm2 – no less than 30.
The essential supersaturation with a speed of up to 15 mm/day is created by slow temperature lowering on a specified program in the method of solution temperature reducing. The maximum size of the grown crystals – 100x100x150 mm3.
This technology is used at Institute for Single Crystals of NAS of Ukraine at the creation of new functional materials, in particular, for growing nonlinear optical KDP crystals with incorporated nanoparticles (TiO2, SiO2, ZrO2, Al2O3, Au, etc.), scintillation KDP crystals, doped with organic phosphors and Ce3+, Sm3+, Gd3+, Yb3+ rare-earth metal ions for the mixed n/γ fields registration. The new scintillation materials have been received on the base of mixed KDP/ADP crystals and doped ADP:Tl+ crystals.